Leadership at WORK
How to engage, inspire and lead a workplace team - a 72 page
practical guide to help leaders at any level, in any workplace
How to make a team WORK in a post pandemic working environment. This book is not only for "appointed" managers or leaders. It is for anyone who ever needs to set an example, help colleagues, galvanize others. Though it is written with the workplace in mind, the principles will apply in a variety of ways in other contexts - egs, social, family and sporting.
CONTENTS - 8 chapters
1. The 7 Responsibilities of the Team Leader
2. Janus Creative Planning®
3. Creative and Lateral Thinking
4. Experiential Leadership Profiling
5. The REALITIES of Engaging, Inspiring and Motivating
6. Problem Solving and Decision Making
7. The Ultimate Responsibility - Making It Happen!
8. The "Leadership Millionaire" concept - D.I.Y. or bespoke
72 pages - click on this illustration of the cover for enlarged view
Share, Care, Communicate! Whose RESPONSIBILITY?
“TELL CONTROL DISCIPLINE” or “SHARE CARE COMMUNICATE”
Rick's philosophy is very firmly on the side of “Share, Care, Communicate”, not only because it invariably reaps superior “business productivity”, but because, with most people spending a huge proportion of their lives working, we all have a “human right” to fulfillment from our work!
The preconditions to ensuring Share, Care, Communicate is effective are:
a “sharing, caring” culture from the TOP down;
all levels of leadership accept their 7 Responsibilities to ensure....
everyone else takes “ownership” and feels PRIDE in their contribution
The 7 Responsibilities of a Team Leader
1. Create and Communicate SHARED Objectives
2. Ensure Individuals know their VALUE as Contributors
3. Ensure individuals know how OTHERS Contribute
4. Communicate PROGRESS towards Shared Objectives
5. MOTIVATE appropriately - Recognise, Praise, Discipline
6. Consult Individuals and the Team - RESPECT them
7. Achieve a BALANCE between Task, Team and Individual
Bespoke Leadership Courses and Workshops
We aren't planning any of our signature open “Leadership Millionaire” courses in 2022, but are happy to design bespoke courses for individual clients.
Half or One Day Workshops “Leadership for Share, Care, Communicate"
Researched and personalised for the organisation and the “level" and needs of their delegates; very much “ACTION Centred Learning", with delegates briefed in advance to bring their own case studies of current challenges for discussions and (hopefully!) resolution. Ideal numbers to facilitate debates and teamwork are 6 to 12; full day versions can include Experiential Leadership Profiling.
A One Day “Immersive Leadership” Course. This is a mini version of our leadership millionaire concept where we simulate the realities of a competitive climate by delegates participating in tasks which are objectively measurable in PROFIT. Ideal numbers 8 to 12 to facilitate competing teams, with leaders debriefed using our “7 Responsibilities Checklist” and all reflecting at the end of the day with Experiential Leadership Profiling.
Course Fees - half days £750 up to 6 delegates + £75 for extra; full days £1250 up to 6 + £100 each extra.